Aesop's fables, was Re: Behind The Scenes

From: Ron Bauerle <BAUERLE_at_engr.erie.ge.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 1996 17:22:24 -0500 (EST)

Going off-topic now...

>From: Ratman <rat_at_rat.org>

>Hmm.. Wasn't there some aesop fable about not being able to please everyone?

Well, there was the one about the man with two wives: one older, the other
younger. The former liked his gray hair, and would comb it and pick out the
black ones; the latter liked his black hair, and would comb it and pick out
the gray ones. He ended up bald :^)

I don't remember the wording of the moral though...

>I think the solution would be to make 2 comics. One for young audiences,
>and another for older. Of course that might not be cost effective, which
>is probably why it's not being done already.

Put another way: there aren't enough older readers to sustain a comic just for
them - look what happened to other furry comics (e.g., Captain Carrot, etc.)

RDB