Re: Sonic #32 [for FAQ File]

From: Ron Bauerle <BAUERLE_at_engr.erie.ge.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 1996 15:36:37 -0500 (EST)

>From: list-brush-sonic_at_brushtail.hna.com.au

>Note that the front covers from the last few issues have depicted
>Sally as the uncharacteristic `Damsel in Distress'-- I don't like
>this at all.

Good point...

>> And of course he'll get over the loss of his family, etc., etc....

>..all by the last panel. Hey, if you become too cynical,
>can you forward the remainder of your subscription to me? :)

I buy them monthly at a local shop (but they screwed up last month -
I had to hunt to get #32)

>It's a pity no one wants to risk the N.American market with a more
>Manga-styled comic (ie: over 400 pages apiece, time taken for full
>characterisations, etc.)

400??? Gak! I can't even keep up with Sonic, Star Trek, and Disney comics
at 15-30 pages each - I can't imagine a comic/story/characters good enough
that I'd go for 400 pages/month (but if I had to ride a subway 1 hour each
way to work and back like most Japanese, that would be different :^))

RDB