Re: Poeple posting on the list.

From: Iggy \ <optimus_at_canit.se>
Date: Sat, 6 Jan 1996 19:29:47 +0100 (MET)

On Sat, 6 Jan 1996 MDmitry_at_aol.com wrote:

> On Thu Jan 4 21:44:06 1996, Erich Schulman (KTN4CA) Team OS/2 wrote:
>
> >> 80 SUBSCRIBERS?! How come I saw only about ten of then? No >>wait, I can
> answer that. They are either too busy, can't call at >>the time, or just
> don't care. I for one like having a small amount >>of people on the board.
> Feels kind of like our own, tiny, Fredom >>Fighter group, but than, that's
> who we are :') .
>
> >It's quite common for a mailing list to have a few who post >frequently, a
> few more who post occasionally, quite a few who >post infrequently, and many
> who never post at all. The Sonic list >is no exception. There is one user
> who joined last March or April >and has yet to make their first post to the
> list.
>
> Frequent Posters Rule!

Of course they do, they clog up my inbox. =)

> The concept that people like us keep Sonic popular, reminds me of the Tiny
> Toons episode where Babs "renews" an old toon by making her have a lot of
> fans. I think that if it weren't for us and all other groups of Sonic fans,
> Sonic the Hedgehog wouldve "died" about three years ago. (A sick and sad
> thought).

Why would he do that, with his popular games? Of course he has got to
have fans, or noone would buy the games, but if he hadn't got them, he'd
never have gotten even a second game, would he?

> By the way, You people who just listen, but don't write, SUCK! Come on! We
> need help with our game! We need Sonic info! We need REAL Sonic fans!

AFAIK, I am a real Sonic fan, but much of the stuff discussed here is
either about fanfics which I haven't read (The one I've read, with some
berzerk called Davy Crocket put me off, I don't like it when people mess
with the universe I like, introducing characters who don't blend in.), or
I don't have the time to follow up or I haven't got anything to add.

  // Mail: optimus_at_canit.se Y Transformer collector| //
\X/ Mail: unniggy_at_algonet.se | Amiga user | \X/
     WWW: http://www.canit.se/~optimus | Sonic Code: Sal+++!^ |SWEDEN RULES!!!