Re: Hi Dan! (I mean Drazen.)

From: Dan Drazen <drazen_at_andrews.edu>
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 1996 09:01:59 -0500 (EST)

> Hi Dan (Drazen)! I finaly got to hear from you!
> Thanks for giving such a nice reply to my questions on Mobius Idiots :') .

You're welcome.

> I have a question. In Bloodlines, did Bunny kiss Sandy because she was a
> le___an, or because they were like a same person, going through the same
> childhood pains, and getting ripped in two was a very devastating thing (kind
> of like a good-bye to myself kiss)?
> I am hoping that the last one was it, and that whoever read it and thought it
> was the first one, would think again.

I hadn't planned it one way or another. As I've explained before: when
it came time to write the last scene of "Bloodlines" I tried writing it
with Sally, Sandy, Bunnie and Sonic but it just didn't work. Then I
tried thinking about it with just Bunnie and Sandy. The mental image
came to me of Bunnie planting one on Sandy; nobody was more shocked than
I was! But I saw no reason to leave it out.

BTW, you're the first one to advance the notion of shared affliction
leading to affection. I've since been reminded of a quotation from C.
S. Lewis on other literary incidents of alleged homosexuality: "Hrothgar
embracing Beowulf, Boswell embracing Johnson...and all those hairy old
toughs from Tacitus begging for one last kiss before the regiment is
broken up. All pansies? If you believe that, you can believe
anything!"

> By the way, I've noticed something in your whatchamucallit:

> || |\__-- /\ _- || Daniel J. Drazen
> || \\____-- __ \ ___ - || the Hedgehog FAQ Files
> || -_____--- --_ || ASCII Sonic by Han J. Lee
>
> The top three lines are off by one space to the left.
> Just a friendly note :').

So noted, but I'm not about to correct it now.

For signature, see above.