Re: sonic in the parade!

From: Ron Bauerle <BAUERLE_at_engr.erie.ge.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Nov 1995 20:40:49 -0500 (EST)

>From: GrayRider1_at_aol.com
>Date: Fri, 24 Nov 1995 00:28:11 -0500

>On 95-11-23, John Mankowski wrote:

>>Remember. Tommarow (Thanksgiveing) is when Sonic will fly through new york.
>>Let's hope there isn't in problems like in 94.

>Hey bud, Sonic didn't crash in '94. I know 'cause I was at the Macy's parade
>last year. He crashed in '93 which was the first year he was in the parade.
>And guess what, it happened again! The blue blur went down at 57th &
>Broadway. It seems he got tangled in the trees and light stanchions along the
>parade route, and that pretty much ripped him to shreds.

Either it happened off camera, or they didn't want to show it :^) I just
finished watching ABC's coverage of it and he was doing fine for the 10
seconds he was on...

Here's some trivia for you all: according to the parade hosts, Sonic was
the second largest (in terms of helium used) balloon in the parade
(Garfield was first), and Macy's parade is the second biggest user of
helium in the country (world?) - the US government is first.

RDB