Re: Fun with the Roboticizer (Was Re: "Mirror Image": Part 2)

From: Simon Howes <ablater_at_global.co.za>
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 1995 15:50:36 +0200

Someone wise once said:

>Now hol' on there. Why not Sonic IV for the 32X system? They've already
>infested it with a Knuckles game...however, I see your point. Jazz
>Jackrabbit's a poor substitute for Sonic. However, it'd have to be fully
>ray-traced, have a *200*mhz Pentium option, have 65,336 colors, and a
>32-bit soundtrack.

Hmm, lemme see, a Pentium with VLBVGA can pump 19MB/S to the VGA, there
should be no problem getting 30FPS multi layered, perspective paralaxed 64K
Colour gameplay there..
32-Bit soundtrack, hmmm. <WHIMPER> Maybe 16-bit would do?

Hey, what's my game effort now? ARGHH!
Hey, get these nifty preview sneaks.

42FPS on a AMDDX40, with non local bus VGA.
244FPS on a DX-4,100, with VLB.
the LTS Digital Music Sound System,
surround Sound sound effects,
10Bit GFX libaries.
256Colour flickerless MODEX system.
Input via Mouse, Keyboard, Joystick and GAMEPAD!
And, possibly something else...

There! Now, will some coder who knows about AWE32's please send in your
application..

Cheers
Ablater