Re: Subscription info

From: Ron Bauerle <BAUERLE_at_engr.erie.ge.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 1995 11:28:32 -0500 (EST)

>From: Benny7dude_at_aol.com

>BAURLE:

Ron will do, or at least spell it right :^)

>As I mentioned to Erich, I assumed that posting the info to the newsgrooup
>would automatically get the message forwarded to the mailing list. I don't
>know how to get it direct to the mailing list. How do I do this, for future
>reference?

Beats me; I think there are ways to gate a newsgroup to a list and vice
versa, but I'm not enough of an Internet/Usenet geek to know how to set
them up. There used to be an email gateway through utexas.edu, but as I
recently posted to the list, it's been removed :^( Pity, because that way
you could have e-mailed the same post to both the list and the group.

I use the xvnews newsreader, and it recently added a feature where you can
both post and e-mail at the same time, which is what I use to forward stuff
from a.f.sh to the list (by reposting it to the junk newsgroup).

Ron Bauerle