Re: Comments on Sonic Comic #29 (spoilers)

From: <Sugahhog_at_aol.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 1995 10:17:07 -0400

RDB

Date: 95-09-25 07:58:29 EDT
From: sfstbr_at_frog.thpl.lib.fl.us (James Walt)
Sender: owner-sonic_at_bort.mv.net
To: sonic_at_bort.mv.net

----------

> I'll let somebody else summarize all the plot and credit details...
> And isn't it convenient that the portable de-roboticizer would have only
> _one_ charge left (and of course I assume they can't figure out how to
> recharge it or anything...)

>Yeah, it's a puzzlement. Especially when Bunnie and Uncle Chuck have a
real need of it. (but then, what would that do to the plot?)

Sometimes unfortunately, to keep the plot moving, I would suspect that
writers would hope that fans like us overlook logical things like this.....

> I'll let somebody else comment on how Antoine was holding Bunnie...

>To quote Lurch: You Rang?

>Frankly, what drooling fanboy wouldn't want to put their arms around Bunnie?

A point that I can't argue with in the slightest. I sure would want to!!

> Why should Sally have volunteered to be roboticized when Uncle Chuck's
> already there? Or was this story set before he had regained his will?
> (Maybe the next issue will clarify this - Uncle Chuck's on the cover...)
> While I appreciate the comic's move towards the Sat. AM Sonic, I wish
they'd
> note how it fits into the continuity, sort of like the Gargoyles comic is
> doing (or at least _was_ doing) with respect to the daily show.

>Since in the SatAm Uncle Chuck had been revealed as a spy, Robotnic would
probably dismantled him to find out why he broke conditioning. It isn't
out of continuity (much) so I'll pass on flaming them here.

And yet, as it's shown so clearly below, this story would probably start
*before* the second season, unless we assume that the comic has a bit of a
different continuity, and The Doomsday Project will never occur in this
timeline.........

Date: 95-09-25 13:41:32 EDT
From: bauerle_at_engr.erie.ge.com (Ron Bauerle)
Sender: owner-sonic_at_bort.mv.net
To: sonic_at_sard.mv.net

In article <950924205749.15b2c_at_engr.erie.ge.com>,
BAUERLE_at_engr.erie.ge.com (Ron Bauerle) writes:

>Why should Sally have volunteered to be roboticized when Uncle Chuck's
>already there? Or was this story set before he had regained his will?
>(Maybe the next issue will clarify this - Uncle Chuck's on the cover...)
>While I appreciate the comic's move towards the Sat. AM Sonic, I wish they'd

>note how it fits into the continuity, sort of like the Gargoyles comic is
>doing (or at least _was_ doing) with respect to the daily show.

>Duh, the intro. of Dulcy in this story apparently puts this before the
second season...

Indeed.

RDB