Re: What about a daily Sonic comic?

From: Dan Drazen <drazen_at_andrews.edu>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 1995 08:26:21 -0400 (EDT)

> While reading the comics pages, a little flash of inspiration hit me:
> what if Sonic had a daily comic in the newspaper?

It's possible, but....

I don't think StH would work as a gag strip. The thing that has hooked
most fans (if I read the posts correctly) is the sense of narrative
about characters and situations. As a result, the strip would have to
feature a story line that would extend out over the course of a number
of weeks or even months. I suppose the best model (at least, the only
one I could think up at the moment) would be "The Phantom" in terms of
story structure and development.

As for artists: Mawhinney would be my first choice. I enjoyed the work
he did in the Sally miniseries. I would've opted for Spaziante but
after seeing his work in #25 I'm convinced that he'd find the 4-frame
format too confining. Let's just pretend Manak doesn't even enter into
this conversation....

|| |\__-- /\ _- || Daniel J. Drazen
|| | / __ _ || drazen_at_andrews.edu