Re: Some Sonic Projects

From: JOHN MANKOWSKI <john.mankowski_at_outdoor.com>
Date: Sat, 02 Sep 95 06:49:00 -0500

-> Ummm, good luck on replacing the defaults...you're going to need it.
-> Far as I know, all you can do with LORD add-ons is add to the
-> original game, not change it. I started working on a Sonic IGM (but,
-> admittedly, haven't gotten very far), and the basic idea is you
-> choose to become good or evil. Good is harder, but pays off better
-> (as in real life...and Usurper too <G>). As a good character, you
-> start out by choosing what kind of animal you are (each one having
-> different abilities), and as an evil one, you're stuck with a certain
-> kind of robot and are upgraded when you beat a level. Anywayz, your
-> idea sounds good, but it seems too hard to pull off to me...I'd
-> appreciate any help anyone wants to give me.

Not as hard as it sounds. For one to edit the looks of the game you just
change the lordtxt.dat file. and for enmies I got a progame that will
help me do that. I also plan on adding goodsay.dat badsay.dat
normsay.dat to it as well to have coments that you say when you die.

Like say you got killed by knuckels

Fox-King was killed by Knuckels
 "Thats no where near cool!" Fox-King yells as he dies!
or something like that

anyways it's not to hard to do that.