Re: Amy Rose Story

From: Dan Drazen <drazen_at_andrews.edu>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 1995 08:15:21 -0400 (EDT)

> I found and read the HTML version of 'From Amy Rose, with Love'.

Same here. I've already sent some comments to L.C. by e-mail (if you
didn't get them, Lindsay, e-mail me directly). I won't divulge any
details on a suggested story line but would like to go public with a
couple comments.

> Fun story :) I could comment more but the only comments I'll make are that
> I'm glad to see Antoine can be portrayed as something other than a complete
> buffoon. [deleted] Also..
> It seemed like everyone was a bit 'underwelmed' at discovering that Antoine
> is a prince. I would've expected Antoine to be confused.. then estatic
> about the whole thing (possibly bragging about it).

Probably the weakest aspect of the story. It was introduced without any
set-up or follow-through. When I had Sally realize the significance of
the brooch in Chapter 2 of "Bloodlines" I tried to convey, through her
actions and dialogue, how shocked she was by the turn of events.
Something this important to the life of the character should have a bit
more set-up. Also, as I mentioned in my post, I'd have thought Nicole
would have access to archival information to establish Antoine's
pedigree.

Just my $.02 for the benefit of the list.
|| |\__-- /\ _- || Daniel J. Drazen
|| | / __ _ || drazen_at_andrews.edu