Re: My Secret Shame (re: Sonic music)

From: Erich Schulman (KTN4CA) -- Team OS/2 <"Erich>
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 1995 12:09:58 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 28 Jul 1995, Dan Drazen wrote:

> Not only don't I own a Sega game product of any kind, but the only time
> I ever tried playing StH (when I rented a Genesis unit and game
> cartridge overnight), after 4 straight hours I still kept wiping out by
> falling into the lava during the second level or part or whatever you
> call it. I'm not about to kid myself: when it comes to video games, I'm
> pretty pathetic. So I guess it's true what they say about teaching an
> old (in my case, 43) dog new tricks.

You're not alone. I do very poorly at video games. One reason is that I
tend to analyze rather than trust my instincts (ie, by the time I figure
out what to do, I'm history). Another reason is below par hand-eye
co-ordination. I've been playing blackjack on my computer for years, and
I'm getting pretty good at Animal Quest (it's at ftp.hff.rat.org), but
that's about as far as I can go with games. There are two more games I
used to play but had to give them up when I upgraded to a 486 (they go
too fast now). I'd like to get the Sonic CD so I can listen to the
music, but I can't spare the cash now that I've taken the plunge on a new
printer.

Erich Schulman (KTN4CA) [Team OS/2] A net.freedom-fighter for Mobius!
"Freedom Fighters are #1!" -- Sonic the Hedgehog
A! JW2 WAR++ PI0>+ BR+i SL++++i SK+++ RI0>++/++^ RU+
GDF0>+ BU++ MI- MM- KK-- Do $++ E59 Ee5 TRita Ay68 M
Mail: acme_at_use.usit.net | WWW: http://nyx10.cs.du.edu:8001/~eschulma