Idea for a Cyberspace meeting

From: JOHN MANKOWSKI <john.mankowski_at_outdoor.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 95 14:10:00 -0500

Ok this might sound like a wild idea. but I got to thinking of what if
we had an On-Line meeting on the internet. The reason for this is that
it is the best way to have a meeting because of course we are all in
difrent parts allover the world. and haveing a normal gettogether is
imposable. So my idea is to get togeher in one of 3 places. and just
talk live about whaterver. Here are thoes places

IRC Internet Relay Chat
We whould meet in a room on the IRC and just talk like in a
teleconference on a bbs. IRC isn't to hard to get to. most Online
services have it. and if you use an account that alows you to get on the
net useing a Winsock. the you can D/L a program to get on. I use IRC
Cliant (It^s on Ratman's FTP i think.) And go

IRC Telephone.
Anotehr IRC but this requires more. You need a sound card and a
microphone here to use this. It is alos a bit less secretive so if you
want to hide behond a digatal mask this whoudn't be a good idea. You
need the program Internet Telephone that is on Ratman's FTP i think

Furtoonia

Probly the best of them it is a Vetural world with a Veturial Knothole.
All you need there is Telenet

Let me know what you think about the idea. I don't know. it might be a
stupid idea. I think the heat's geting to me.:) But if we decide to do
this then i can set it all up. Just let me know.

John Mankowski_at_outdoor.com