Da Story-Book 1, Act 1

From: MR THADDEUS R BOYD <AHVT94B_at_prodigy.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 1995 17:57:14 EDT

PRODIGY(R) interactive personal service 03/04 9:06 PM

Board: GAMES BB
Topic: VIDEO GAME CLUBS
Subject: '94 SONIC:DA STORY

To: ALL Date: 03/01
From: NNFW26B BRENT ROBERTS Time: 10:58 PM

Act 1:The Attack and Recovery
Part 1:The Attack
Sonic T Hedgehog,official protecter of Mobious,destroyed
Robotnick's Death Egg 1 year ago.Now 18,Sonic and Tails live
a carefree life with Sonic's Uncle Chuck,a great inventor.
"Italian plumbers.I hate 'em.And that dog of a dog is the
worst!"Sonic grumbled.
"Sonic,I have to use the bathroom,"complained Tails.
"OK,keed.But use the one by Uncle Chuck's bedroom,"replied
Sonic.
"But there are spiders in there..."
"They're not poisonous!"
Tails shuffled into the bathroom.
"Sonic come here..."
"If you were going to say quick it wouldn't change much!"
Uncle Chuck was holding two pointy shoes and a glowing ring.
"These are for you.You can travel at Supersonic speeds using
them,"said Chuck.
"But what about Speed?He needs them more than me!"
"Speed wouldn't use them.Your brother's as lazy as a
hedgehog."
"My brother IS a hedgehog!"corrected Sonic.
Suddenly,there was an earthquake and a ripping sound.Sonic,
holding Chuck,raced to speeds room.
"I've got Sonic,Speed,"suddenly a claw grabbed Chuck,"And
your Uncle,too."
"Robotnik,that's Speed.I'm Sonic."
"Don't think you can fool me,hedgehog.I love watching the
weakest perish!HAHAHA!"Robotnik flew away.Tails entered the
room.
"Was there an earthquake?"Tails asked.
"Worse.We have our work cut out for us,"Sonic replied.

Hedgehog X

To: ALL Date: 03/02
From: NNFW26B BRENT ROBERTS Time: 10:55 PM

Act 1:The Attack and the Recovery
Part 2:Sonic Chaos
Sonic and Tails thought they destroyed the Death Egg and Dr.
Ivo Robotnik.But they were wrong...REALLY wrong!Robotnik
grabbed Sonic's brother Speed and Uncle Chuck,signaling the
start of a 25 act adventure...
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!
Sonic zoomed passed Green Hill...or what was left of it.It
was now polluted and uninhabatanted.Suddenly,Sonic tripped..

   "OOF!"
"Pweencess Sally,we caught one!"
"Workerbot?"
"Wewe."
Sonic opened his eyes.In front of him was a fox with a sword
"I'm no workerbot!Anyway...what's a workerbot?"Sonic asked.
"Oops.I was wrong.You are a hedgehog,no?"the fox asked.
"Yes."Sonic got up...and fell again.This time on purpose.In
front of him was Princess Sally.
"Get up.I'm not a princess of much now."Sally said.
"Huh?"
"Robotnik attacked Mobious.There are only a few survivors.
Who are you?"
"Sonic T. Hedgehog at your service."
"YOU were spared?What luck!Maybe we can restore Mobious!"
"We WILL restore Mobious.Uh,how."
"First we must find the Chaos Emeralds.."
"You mean these?"
Sonic pulled out 7 emeralds.
"No Sonic.The emeralds of life.Those are the emeralds of
power."
"Pardon me,my pweencess..."the fox interupted.
"Oops,how rude.This is Antoine,the royal guard."Sally said.
"Yes,but what is the 2nd thing?"Antoine asked.
"Find all the survivors of the attack."
"Let's go!"Sonic said.
Tails finally came out of the tree he was hiding in and
followed Sonic and co.
                                                  Hedgehog X

To: ALL Date: 03/03
From: NNFW26B BRENT ROBERTS Time: 9:25 PM

Act 1:The Attack and the Recovery
Part 3:"Climb Up a Tree and Act Like a Nut"
     Sonic and Tails THOUGHT they killed Robotnik...until he
took Sonic's brother Speed and Uncle Chuck.After falling
into a trap,Sonic learned that Robotnik cleared out Mobious
and Sonic must get the 6 Chaos Emeralds.
   Tails finally caught up with Sonic."Where are we going?"
he asked.
Sonic stopped,"I dunno',li'l bro'.But I once had them..."
"And you locked them in the secret zone!"Tails interupted.
"If I may interupt,I have heard certain survivors recovered
them after the attack,"Sally said.
"Where'd' ya' hear that?"Sonic asked.
"NICOLE!We can use it to track them down"
Sally whipped out a pocket sized electronic device and
turned it on.
"NICOLE,search for emerald file,access,run data,evaluate."
"The only emerald within the 10 mile radius range is in the
great forest,the only part of Mobious Robotnik stayed out
of,"Nicole said.
"Let's go!"
"NO!Not more speed,"Antoine pleaded.
"Hope you like dust,Ant!"Sonic grabbed Antoine and Sally.

    "*cough**cough*ACK!"
A squirrely cough came from high above a tree.Sonic stopped.
A squirrel came down.
"Stop kicking up so much dust!It should halfway to the moon,
now.Who are you,anyway?Sonic the Hedgehog?"
"Yes."
"Oops,sorry.And that's probably Princess Sally...ha!"
"YES!IT IS!"Sally was gritting her teeth.Sonic eyed the
emerald the squirrel was holding.
"Would you,by any chance,want to join the fight against
Robotnik?"He asked.
"Sure.The name's Minerva.This should be a beautiful
relationship,royalty and heroism..."

Hedgehog X (I erased Sonic...I AM slipping!)

PRODIGY(R) interactive personal service 03/12 8:30 PM

Board: GAMES BB
Topic: VIDEO GAME CLUBS

To: ALL Date: 03/06
From: NNFW26B BRENT ROBERTS Time: 8:34 PM

Act 1:The Attack and the Recovery
Part 4:Cagey Caper
Sonic and Tails THOUGHT they killed Robotnik,until he
kidnapped Sonic's brother Speed and Uncle Chuck.Learning
about the attack that cleared Mobious,Sonic (with some new
friends) started the quest by finding the blue Chaos Emerald
and a squirrely ally,Minerva.
"The red Chaos Emerald is west of this vicinity,in sector
9-3."NICOLE read.
"That's an Aquatic Ruin!It's WAY too dangerous!"Tails
remembered.After pointing this out,Antoine decided to stay
put.Then,without further hesitation,they took off.

Sally accessed some information about the Aquatic Ruins.
"The Aquatic Ruins was an ancient city until it was
destroyed by Robotnik.There are readings of organic life on
it."
"Organic life!Someone still lives!"Minerva shouted.
However,the Aquatic Ruins was now a beach,with no signs of
anything.However,further inspection indicated a metallic
fish...RIGHT IN FRONT OF THEM!It had a steel grate in front
and 4 fins.Suddenly,Sonic was sucked toward it."Don't worry,
I have a plan!"Sonic started spinning,but then the grate
opened and Sonic,along with the others,were sucked in.Then
the "fish" returned to the surface."NO!That's not a
workerbot!"A sea lion said.

"That's the second time I was called a workerbot!WHAT is a
workerbot!"Sonic said.
"SONIC THE HEDGEHOG?!What are YOU doing here?"the sea lion
aasked.
"We came to find a very specific jewel...the red Chaos
Emerald."Sally explained.
"OH!I use that to power my fish!You can have it if you need
it.My name's Rotor.I know Sonic,Tails,and you,but who's
the..."
"Squirrel?I'm Minerva."
"Rotor,you are obviously against Robotnik.How would like to
join the Freedom Fighters?"Sonic asked.
"Freedom Fighters?Since when were we called Freedom Fighters
Sally asked.
"Since now.So,Rotor..."
"Okay.Sounds good!"
"There.Now,we have a fox waiting in the Great Forest..."

Hedgehog X

PRODIGY(R) interactive personal service 03/12 8:31 PM

Board: GAMES BB
Topic: VIDEO GAME CLUBS

To: ALL Date: 03/10
From: NNFW26B BRENT ROBERTS Time: 0:51 AM

Act 1:The Attack and the Recovery
Part 5:Singing in the rain...of rocks!
Sonic and Tails saw Robotnik kidnap Sonic's brother Speed
and Uncle Chuck.After learning about his attack on Mobious
and recruiting some Freedom Fighters:Princess Sally,the
royal guard,Antoine,Minerva (a squirrel),and Rotor (a sea
lion mechanic),Sonic must find the last 4 Chaos Emeralds.
"The Underground Zone!That's Robotnik's territory!"
"Sonic,MOBIOUS is Robotnik's territory."Sally pointed out.
"Sonic!I modified the hovercrafts I made before the attack.
We should be able to catch up with you!"Rotor called.
"Cool,Rote.Hang on tight,'cause we're going warp 7!"
With that,Sonic,Tails,Sally,Minerva,and Rotor took off for
the Underground Zone (though Sonic was almost sure he forgot
something).

Once there,they found their first complication...the hover-
boards weren't working right.Sonic was able to get them off
before the hoverboards crashed...but Sonic and the others
landed in a mining cart going downward.They crashed,but no
harm was done.Then a moniter lowered from the ceiling,and
displayed Robotnik's face."Welcome,"he said.

"I believe you are looking for this,"the moniter raised to
reveal the green Chaos Emerald."If you want it take it...
although you will be smashed like a bug,"then,a gate dropped
behind the Freedom Fighters.
"Well,I guess we have no choice!"Sonic took the emerald.True
to Robotnik's word,the ceiling crumbled.
Suddenly,a kangaroo appeared and pushed away the falling
rocks.A rock fell over Minerva,and Sonic crushed it.Then the
kangaroo pushed away the rock about to crush Sonic.And then,
the last rock fell...right on Sally's leg!

"Hmmm.She'll be okay,as long as she stays off that leg,"the
kangaroo said.
"Well,she can't move around a lot.We need to get her in a
safe place,"Rotor suggested.
"THAT'S IT!THAT'S what I forgot...Antoine."Sonic suddenly
burst.
"Say,isn't HE in a safe place?"Minerva reminded.
"We'll,let's go back...and take him with us."Sally was
anxious.
"The name's Leaper."Leaper said.

To: ALL Date: 03/12
From: NNFW26B BRENT ROBERTS Time: 0:52 AM

Act 1:The Attack and the Recovery
Part 6:Discovery of Knothole
Robotnik captured Sonic's brother Speed and Uncle Chuck,not
to mention most of Mobious.Not only that,but Sonic and
Tails,along with Sally,Antoine,Minerva,Rotor,and Leaper,must
collect the 6 Chaos Emeralds.At the moment,though,Sally's
leg is crushed and Antoine is lost!
Sonic,holding Sally,rushed into the Great Forest in search
of Antoine...and proper sanctuary.Sonic's luck shone,
however,when Antoine popped out of the bushes.
"Sally,you must see this.It is magnifeec!"
"Magnificent,Antoine,magnificent,"Sally corrected Antoine.
"Oh,come on."
Antoine led Sonic and Sally to a village.Rotor,Minerva,and
Leaper met them on hovercrafts.
"Ooo.Beaver cottages.How intriguing."Minerva said.
"NICOLE,access beaver dwellings.Might as well know what
we're living in."
"Accessing,Sally.No file on beaver dwellings."
"Steady,steady,slow,slow..."
"I hate that word."
Sonic was in one of the huts,lowering Sally onto a bed.
"There.I should be safe here."Sally said.
Sonic went outside."Tails,guard Sally while Rotor,Minerva,
Leaper,and I look for the last 3 emeralds."
"Yes,Sonic.No creepy 'bot will get past me."
"Cool.Now,I'm...wait,I almost forgot."
Sonic went inside and grabbed NICOLE."Mind if I borrow
this?"
"No."Sally answered.
"Okay.If you need anything,tell Tails.See ya'!"

Hedgehog X

PRODIGY(R) interactive personal service 03/13 8:03 PM

Board: GAMES BB
Topic: VIDEO GAME CLUBS

To: ALL Date: 03/13
From: NNFW26B BRENT ROBERTS Time: 6:04 PM

Act 1:The Attack and the Recovery
Part 7:Sonic Spinball
Robotnik wiped out Mobious except a few survivors.
Sonic has collected the blue,red,and green Chaos Emeralds.
Sonic needs the pink,l.blue,and purple emeralds.
Sonic has 3 new friends:Minerva,Rotor,and Leaper.
Sally is hiding in Knothole with Tails and Antoine guarding.
"MAYDAY,MAYDAY.Unknown user."
"NICOLE,It's Sonic."
"Accessing Sonic.Commencing voice comparison.Hello,Sonic."
"Now how does Sally do this.Hmmm.NICOLE,scan for Chaos
Emeralds."
"No emeralds in range,Sonic."
"Do you think they're in the secret zone,guys?"asked Sonic.
"It seems possible,but we don't know yet,"Rotor replied.
"There's only one way to find out.NICOLE,scan for
trans-dimensional warps."
"There are 2 in range.Warp #1 leads to Earth,a terran planet
Warp #2 leads to the secret zone."
"NICOLE,show coordinates of warp #2."NICOLE projected a
holographic map of Mobious in the 100-mile radius range.

"Well,Sonic,it's now or never."Minerva said.
"And it's now.BANZAI!"Sonic leaped into the warp with the
others following.Sonic was spinning,jumping,and leaping off
platforms in no time.Rotor slid on his belly directly into
the goal,and disappeared.Leaper tried to hit the gate with
his head by bouncing off the bumpers...but when he got
there,the maze spun 180' degrees,and Leaper hit the goal.
When Minerva finally gained her balance,she used her tail to
save Sonic from the goal...but after that she slipped again
and fell into the goal herself.However,the gate on Sonic's
side was gone and he hit the emerald,then disappeared.Sonic
joined the other Freedom Fighters on Mobious...with a pink
emerald in hand.

Next:2 more 2 go!
Hedgehog X

PRODIGY(R) interactive personal service 03/20 11:38 PM

Board: GAMES BB
Topic: VIDEO GAME CLUBS

To: ALL Date: 03/20
From: NNFW26B BRENT ROBERTS Time: 2:25 PM

Act 1:The Attack and the Recovery
Part 8:Sonic vs. Thunder
Sorry,there is too little space to print the reminder.You
should know by now.
"The yellow Chaos Emerald is in sector
1,2,4,8,16,32,OVERLOAD!"
Just then,something tackled Sonic.He woke up to find a neon
blue hedgehog,also knocked out cold,holding an emerald.Sonic
was just about to grab it when he was electricuted.
"I don't think so.You're going to have to earn my emerald...
in a race."
"A race.Don't you know who I am?"Sonic asked.
"Dead meat!The destination is Green Hill."
Sonic and Thunder got ready.
"We start on three.Ready...THREE!"
Both hegehogs were off.However,the stranger got ahead of
Sonic by 1 foot per second.Sonic knew that Green Hill wasn't
exactly around the corner.He thought of Green Hill and his
last moments with Uncle Chuck,gazing at the power ring...

THE POWER RING!It was still in Sonic's backpack,and in great
shape.Sonic got it out,and focused on it's power.Sonic shot
out at warp 2...twice the other hedgehog's speed.
Startled,the other hedgehog shot a lightning bolt from his
fingers,which hit Sonic's power ring.It absorbed the power,
sending Sonic warp 3.Not only that,the shot made the neon
hedgehog fall to see Sonic standing on top of Green Hill.

Sonic met up with the other Freedom Fighters,then carried
them to where the glow-in-the-dark pincushion <G> fell.They
coaxed him to talk."I was captured by Robotnik.I was due
after some other old hedgehog was robotisized.But right
before the process was completed,he messed up the control
box.He was robotisized,but I was electrified."
"What's your name?"Minerva asked.
"I don't know.I didn't know anything until the emerald made
me remember the essentials."
"Well,I name you Lightning,after that SHOCKING display of
power."Rotor cracked.He didn't know Lightning would accept
the name.He also joined the Freedom Fighters...though
everybody expected that.

P.S.Kate,you're coming in next time,so be patient!
Hedgehog X

PRODIGY(R) interactive personal service 03/21 9:59 PM

Board: GAMES BB
Topic: VIDEO GAME CLUBS

To: ALL Date: 03/21
From: NNFW26B BRENT ROBERTS Time: 9:06 PM

Act 1:The Attack and the Recovery
Part 9:Kate's Creation
If you don't know what's going on,WHY THE HECK ARE YOU
READING THIS STORY!Don't worry,you'll eventually catch on!
Sonic didn't have time to check with NICOLE.Immediatly,when
the emeralds got close to each other,they flew away...with
Sonic trying not to get ahead!

The emeralds went into Sonic's hut.Then they started banging
on Chuck's closet.Sonic never opened the closet...it was
forbidden.But Sonic,and the other Freedom Fighters opened it
and saw a white Chaos Emerald...the final emerald.And was in
Sonic's house!Why didn't Chuck tell him.Then,it started
speaking...
"Where have you five been?"It said.The Freedom Fighters were
too surprised to comment.
"Oh,I can talk.That feels good.Thanks!"The red one said.
"Aren't you going to introduce me to your friends?"The white
one asked.
"We don't know them.They should introduce themselves to
us...of course,we all know Sonic."the yellow said.
"I'm M-m-minerva,not too mention one scared squirrel girl!"
"I'm Rotor,a handyman."
"I'm Leaper...KEEP AWAY!"
"I'm Lightning...or am I?Oh,I get so scrambled sometimes."
"Well,I am the white Chaos Emerald,head of language.See why
the others didn't talk before?"
"I'm the red emerald,head of power...If Rotor didn't use me
as a battery."
"I'm the yellow emerald,head of knowledge."
"I'm the pink emerald and all I do is transportation."
"I'm the green emerald,the height choice!"
"I create things,take for instance Mobious.And now,I think,
is a time for creation..."
"NOT ANOTHER BEING!REMEMBER LAST TIME?"the yellow bellowed.
"Relax.We'll start this one's life as an adult."
The emeralds gathered in a circle and spun.Then they gave
off a charge to the middle.It took shape and then the energy
turned into a human,which dropped on the ground.
"Darn.She's only 11."The pink commented.
"It's alright.If she's not defective now,she won't be later.
Remember..."the yellow was interupted.
"No,I refuse to remember.Let bygones be bygones."Pink said.
The human got up."Hello.I'm,I'm...who am I?"
"Kate.Kate Chaos.And,you're not a rebel...thank goodness!"
Then,the door shattered,and Robotnik stepped in...

PRODIGY(R) interactive personal service 03/24 8:32 PM

Board: GAMES BB
Topic: VIDEO GAME CLUBS

To: ALL Date: 03/23
From: NNFW26B BRENT ROBERTS Time: 9:22 PM

Act 1:The Attack and the Recovery
Part 4:Escape from Robotropolis
Filled with anger,Sonic charged at the man who captured his
family.The,he was captured by nets from tall,dark robots.
"Ah,Sonic.I see you've met my SWAT-bots,"Robotnik smirked...
The red emerald flew into Kate's hand.She aimed it at a
SWAT-bot,and an energy bolt zapped it.The SWAT-bot was
destroyed.Then,the wall broke down.Millions of SWAT-bots
were in front of the hut.Lightning and Kate zapped all they
could,but they eventually ran out of juice.The Freedom
Fighters were overcome.

By listening to Robotnik's babbling,Sonic learned they were
in Robotropolis...dark and polluted.They were carried off to
be robotisized and turned into workerbots.Sonic still didn't
know what workerbots were.
"After you learn your fate,you will become my mindless
slaves.I'll start with you,Speed,"Robotnik decided.
"I'm Sonic I tell you.Speed wouldn't have had so many
allys."
"It doesn't matter.You'll both be hedgehogs with bolts in
your neck..."CRASH!Robotnik was interupted by something
shaking the tower in which the Freedom Fighters were
imprisoned."What was that?"
Robotnik looked out the window.He saw a purple hedgehogs
spiny head.A cambot spyed on it,and Robotnik monitered the
mysterious hedgehog close-up.And then the hedgehog found it.
"Don't look behind you,"he warned.Robotnik looked at the
elevator.There,at the ready with lasers,were Sally and
Tails.Sally gave Robotnik a blast that knocked him back a
little."That's for my leg.HEY!"Sally was grabbed by a
SWAT-bot.Tails blasted it,and then a transport-bot crashed
through the window right into the robotisizer controls!
The hedgehog stepped out.He looked exactly like Sonic,but he
was smaller and purple."Hello,am I late?Oh,it doesn't
matter."Then,he pulled the jail bar switch and the Freedom
Fighters were free.

There wasn't much time for questions.The elevator arrived
with 3 SWAT-bots,and flybots were attacking.Kate and
Lightning blasted bots.Minerva used Tails's blaster (which
she was skilled with).Rotor used his screwdriver and slashed
the SWAT-bots.Sonic,Tails,and the guest of honor spun
through the flybots.Laser shots filled the tower.
Robotnik escaped through the trashed transport-bot.More
flybots and more SWAT-bots entered.Finally,Rotor whipped out
his remote control for the hovercrafts and called them.
"Who are you?"Sonic asked the hedgehog.
"Just call me Hedgehog X.WHOA!"the ledge Hedgehog X backed
into crumbled,taking him with it.Then the hoverboards
arrived and the Freedom Fighters made a retreat.
"Friends,"Sally started,"we did a lot today.We banded
together to stop Robotnik.We formed the FREEDOM FIGHTERS!"
"Yah,we did a lot today.Let's go home and take a rest."Sonic
suggested.And they did just that.END OF ACT 1 Hedgehog X