rodents and hedgehogs

From: Erich Schulman (KTN4CA) -- Team OS/2 <"Erich>
Date: Mon, 22 May 1995 13:28:18 -0400 (EDT)

A while ago, someone raised the issue of Robotnik calling Sonic a rodent,
which Sonic is not.

In my dictionary, a hedgehog is (incorrectly) defined as a porcupine --
and porcupines *are* rodents.

Did anyone notice that Robotnik, in one of the Archie comics, says he had
one of Sonic's quills? But hedgehogs don't have porcupine quills.

Obviously, someone cut Biology class a few times too many (g). Or maybe
the whole thing is just misconception about what hedgehogs (and other
animals) are. For that matter, I know people who think rabbits are
rodents, and they are not. (Can you say Lagomorpha? I knew you could.)

|-- Erich Schulman (KTN4CA) + Team OS/2 ---- acme_at_use.usit.net -----|
| A! JW2 WAR++ PI~ BR+i SL++++i SK+++ RI++^ RU+ GDF BU+ MI- MM KK-- |
| P++ D $++ E59 Ee5 Eee35 TRita Ay68 M |
| "Freedom Fighters are #1!" -- Sonic the Hedgehog |
|-- A net.freedom-fighter for Mobius! ------------------------------|