Re: college

From: Dan Drazen <drazen_at_andrews.edu>
Date: Wed, 3 May 1995 08:53:54 -0400 (EDT)

Quoth the Ratman:

> are most of you guys at college?

What gave it away, the ".edu" in my address?

Very much so. In fact, I work in the library at my old college (Andrews
University, Berrien Springs, MI) from whence I graduated with a BA in
theology in '74. I also have a Master's in library science, and by
virtue of that I'm considered to be on the faculty here --
the professional librarians here have faculty rank even
though we're not necessarily teaching faculty. One of the perks is that
faculty can take up to 5 credits in coursework per quarter and not pay
tuition. So I'm slowly wending my way towards a Master's in Jewish
studies at the seminary on campus. This quarter I'm slogging through
Aramaic (it's a Biblical language related to Hebrew). So I'm not just
"at college": I work at one (specifically as the editor of a periodical
index) and I take a course on the side.

At the ripe old age of 43, I'd guess I'm one of the senior members of
the list. I know you didn't ask but I didn't want to sound like an
overachiever =).

We now return you to your regularly scheduled rodent.
|| |\__-- /\ _- || Daniel J. Drazen
|| | / __ _ || drazen_at_andrews.edu