From: Wallis, Mike <Wallis_at_segaoa.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 95 14:05:00 PDT

>> I'm curious about exactly who created Sonic in the first place.
>> Did Sonic appear anywhere before the Sonic 1 game?

>I'm curious as well. Oh, Miiiiike... (:3

Sonic was created at Sega of Japan mostly by Hirokazu Yasuhara. Since then,
he has come out to Sega of America to work in the STI group on Sonic 2,
Sonic 3, and Sonic & Knuckles.

So, before the Sonic 1 Sega Genesis game, there was no Sonic. (Just like
before "Steamboat Mickey," there was no Mickey Mouse.)

> What I'd like to know is how he manages to rotate his tails without
> getting them wrapped around each other. It's just magical the way he
> does that. :-)

I like the response of Tails having a rotator cuff in his butt. Hehe...

 -Mike