Re: An Author's Thanks

From: Ron Bauerle <BAUERLE_at_engr.erie.ge.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 1995 22:26:19 -0400 (EDT)

>From: drazen_at_andrews.edu (Dan Drazen)
>Date: Tue, 28 Mar 1995 16:16:30 -0500 (EST)

>To all those who have commented on Bloodlines:

>[Note: if you haven't read the story yet, we're talking major spoilers
>coming up here]

Courtesy form-feed:

> In all honesty, I had no idea that Bunnie and Sandy's relationship
> would take the turn it did when I started writing. I had no
> intention of outing Bunnie or anyone else.

I guess my basic reaction is that it's out of character (show reference:
after Uncle Chuck's temporarily deroboticized, she tells Sally maybe she
should "take another look at that man...") _and_ it wasn't really necessary
to the story line (IMVNSHO).

> Obviously I wrote this before reading "The Power of Love," and
> before Netscape was installed on my machine so I could discover
> how large a part Bunnie plays in the Mature [or should that be
> "IMmature"?] Fan Art section of Rotor's homepage.

I don't want to know...

>I was sort of afraid that some of her drooling fanboys would take umbrage.

Maybe I deserve that, although Babs Bunny will still be #1 :^)

Actually, I wasn't all that offended, probably because I've seen worse on
alt.tv.tiny-toon (speaking as a survivor of the great TTBS flamewar...),
plus I didn't get as attached to Bunnie as I did Babs, plus it had been a
long day between Good Friday services and pretty much deciding I was fed up
with my job enough to see if there are any better ones out there (anybody
need a digital/analog circuit designer? :^)), so I was more or less too
tired to get upset when I finally got around to reading it last night :^)

> Hope nobody got too bummed by my allowing Queen Alicia to die.

Well, it was pretty much expected, but it was still quite sad - especially
Sally's reaction... I'll confess I got a bit teary-eyed at it, which
bothered me because it was yet another reminder that I am moved more by the
suffering of imaginary characters than I am my fellow man.

>Thanks for putting up with my ramblings.

And mine :^) I meant none of the above criticism personally, nor the
following: I guess I'm a bit disappointed that with the exception of
"The Power of Love", all of the fan-fic so far has more or less been on the
grim side (especially the latest stuff with Packbell). While I admit I do
like the dark theme of the Sat. AM show itself, at least most of the
episodes have enough hope in them that this tempers things a bit. I don't
seem to see this in the fan-fic. But far be it from me to tell people what
to write - if I decide that it's not worth discussing the comics (that and
the fan-fic are about all that's left to talk about), I can always
unsubscribe...

PS to my non-list CCers: if you want a copy of the story, e-mail me -
I still have it for now. I haven't decided how long or if I'll keep it
though...

BTW, Happy Easter everybody! I pray that those of you who don't know
Christ as your personal Savior will take a moment to consider His claims
and what He has to offer; also, if you were to die tonight and stand before
God and He asks you "Why should I let you into My heaven?", what answer
would you give Him?

Sermon mode OFF,

RDB