Re: Sonic Graphics from UK

From: Erich Schulman (KTN4CA) -- Team OS/2 <"Erich>
Date: Sun, 9 Apr 1995 16:32:25 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, 9 Apr 1995, Ratman wrote:

> On Sun, 9 Apr 1995, Shawn Wolski wrote:
>
> > The Sonic graphics (the screen shots where he's shown running, jumping, etc.)
> > were located at this address: http://www.cm.cf.ac.uk:80/Games/console/sega.
> > The last time I tried to download something from there, even the small files
> > took
> > more than a "Sonic Second". In fact, I had to wait about 5 minutes to
>
> It went fast for me. I just tried it now. Maybe it was a passing thing,
> like something was bogging down the server, or the connection was bad

I was just on, and it was very fast for me.. almost as if Sonic himself
was bringing the files to me. It probably did help, though, that I was
using lynx, a non-graphical Web browser for Unix (and DOS).

|-- Erich Schulman (KTN4CA) + Team OS/2 ---- acme_at_use.usit.net -----|
| A! JW2 WAR++ PI~ BR+i SL++++i SK+++ RI++^ RU+ GDF BU+ MI- MM KK-- |
| P++ D $++ E59 Ee5 Eee35 TRita Ay68 M |
| "Freedom Fighters are #1!" -- Sonic the Hedgehog |
|-- A net.freedom-fighter for Mobius! ------------------------------|