Sonic Graphics from UK

From: Shawn Wolski <n5una_at_MAIL.UTEXAS.EDU>
Date: Sun, 09 Apr 1995 09:16:12 -0500

(This is in response to a post that I saw a day ago on Sonic Net.
Unfortunately,
I have misplaced the mail message, and it's either buried under all the new mail
I have or otherwise lost. But if you read this message, you'll know who
it's for.)

The Sonic graphics (the screen shots where he's shown running, jumping, etc.)
were located at this address: http://www.cm.cf.ac.uk:80/Games/console/sega.
The last time I tried to download something from there, even the small files
took
more than a "Sonic Second". In fact, I had to wait about 5 minutes to
download a
3 kB file(!) If you want something from this address, get a good book to
read if it's
a large (say 50 kB or more for example) file.

My current modem technology consists of a SupraFax 14.4, running at 14.4 kbaud.
It shouldn't take this long to download a file (theoretically), but I guess
the connect-
tion there is either loaded, or they have a slow server, or there's some
other reason.

Shawn Wolski, N5UNA

An Indoctrinated Sonic T. Hedgehog Story Author

"But I guess some things are better left in the past."
-Sally, quote from "The Temporal Syndrome"

n5una_at_mail.utexas.edu

and my under construction home page:
http://wwwvms.utexas.edu/~n5una/index.html