Re: Missing Fingers?

From: Shawn Wolski <n5una_at_MAIL.UTEXAS.EDU>
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 1995 14:27:59 -0600

>Hi all!
>
>I was thumbing through some of the comics the other day, and noticed that
>sometimes the characters have four fingers, and sometimes five. Anyone
>know how many they are really supposed to have? I see in the most recent
>issues of the comics, Sonic and Tails have five, but Sally only has four.
>Even the pictures on the game boxes are contradictory. Sonic on the
>Sonic I box has 5 fingers, on the Spinball game he cleary has four. Hmmm....

According to the pilot show for "Bonkers" about 2(?) years ago, toons
traditionally
have 4 fingers, which is how they discovered a human under all that fire and
brim-
stone, pencil-pushing, antitoon maniac. I guess that makes some of the
characters
fake toons (NOT!)! Then again, it could be a matter of artistic license.
Apparently,
Sega of America, Archie Comics, and DiC aren't under all the same rules
(obviously),
so something probably slipped through here and there where the artists tried
to give
the toon characters a believable amount of fingers. Can't imagine what life
would be
like without an opposable thumb, though I'm somewhat biased by evolution and not
being a furry. How many fingers do you see? We may never know.

Shawn Wolski, N5UNA

An Indoctrinated Sonic T. Hedgehog Story Author

"But I guess some things are better left in the past."
-Sally, quote from "The Temporal Syndrome"

n5una_at_mail.utexas.edu