Something from Quozl

From: Ron Bauerle <BAUERLE_at_engr.erie.ge.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 1995 22:23:59 -0500 (EST)

From: quozl_at_netcom.com (D.M. "Quozl" Falk)
Subject: The Doomsday Pods (and roboticisation)....
To: BAUERLE_at_engr.erie.ge.com (Ron Bauerle)
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 1995 02:46:07 -0800 (PST)

OK, feel free to pass this along to the Sonic list if you wish... It
should explain more about how the Doomsday pods were manufactured, as
well as how robotisation is accomplished....

As I've said before, nanites, or more accurately, applied nanobiotechnology.

In Sonic's time, nanobiotechnology is a relatively old concept, which I
believe is responsible for life on Mobius vis a vis terraforming
projects. (More on that another time...) However, Robotnik applied this
technology to forge the Doomsday pods, by dipping a skeletal frame into a
vat of hot biometal (an organicly-created metal) that also contained the
necessary nanite robots to forge and "grow" the components of the pods,
even programming them. The technique applied is rather crude, but
efficient for the job.

Uncle Chuck's roboticiser is a far more advanced version of this, using
applied transporter-type technology to rapidly transport nanites and the
biometals in and out of the recipient's body, facilitating the least
amount of biological damage, and retaining compatibility with the
recipient. I suspect the usage was to allow individuals with lost or
useless limbs a much fuller life.

....Quozl!