Re: Chili Dogs and Friends

From: D.M. <quozl_at_netcom.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 1995 18:37:10 -0800 (PST)

>From Ron...

> >From: Fred Sloniker <lazuli_at_u.washington.edu>
> >On Mon, 6 Mar 1995, Ron Bauerle wrote:
>
> >> But another CD scene that bothered me was the vending machine Sonic
> >> would visit now and then - huh? Why would something like that still be
> >> working? (Let alone exist in the first place...)
>
> >Errr, CD scene? Color me confused,
>
> Sorry; actually, I had to think for a couple of minutes what I meant too :^)
> CD = chili dog.
>
> And while I'm at it, Spyhog had Uncle Chuck shedding tears at the end, and
> another show (or the same one?) had Sonic bringing him a chili dog which he
> ate, enjoyed, and burped up - huh? Neither of these should have been
> possible in his robotic form although the tear scene was touching...

Because they're not fully robots- There is still sufficiant remains of
their biological forms to accomplish things... (It's more a means of
slavery than anything else, since Robotnik could've just as easily had
robots *manufactured*, instead of roboticising everyone...)

> >> Is this YARFTVG? (Yet Another Relic from the Video Game)
>
> >No, the games don't have any vending machines. A few slot machines,
> >though. And giant pinball games. And monitors with special powers
> >inside. And Purina Island... (:3
>
> So where did the chili dogs come from then?

What, it seems implausible to you that a certain type of food would last
out 1500 years? ;) Better forget your lox & bagels tonight... ;) Heck,
the *pizza* has been around for nearly 1000 years, but only in the last
200 years in the forms we know it today.... Most Mexican dishes can be
traced back to pre-aztec times, *at least* 1500 years...

So why *not* chili dogs....? ;)

....Quozl!