Re: Sonic FAQ File (weekly)

From: D.M. <quozl_at_netcom.com>
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 1995 01:00:56 -0800 (PST)

> In article <3j5e97$btu_at_orion.cc.andrews.edu>,
> drazen_at_andrews.edu (Dan Drazen) writes:
>
> Spoilers ahead:
>
> > A. SONIC THE HEDGEHOG EPISODE GUIDE
>
> >Doomsday
>
> I saw this again today, and thought I'd offer my comments:
>
> 1. Did Robotnik want to _control_ the planet, or _destroy_ it with
> those pods?

Madness takes its toll. The answer, however illogical, is both. Control
what you can, and destroy that which you can't.

> 2. One scene showed the pods as metal frames which were then dipped in
> some evil goop, then emerged as fully complete mechanisms. Huh?

Biotechnology, or at least, nanites.

> 3. A little _too_ convenient how the other teams were all captured...

The Redshirt Syndrome strikes again! (cf: Star Trek)

> 4. When S&S first joined the stones, I was kind of hoping for a "deus
> ex machina" ending like that of "The Secret of NIMH", but it didn't
> quite make it (although it was still nice). It ended up reminding me
> more of the end of "Animalympics" - "I can run forever if we can run
> together!"

Nothing quite like the Power of Love... ;)

> 5. So how long will that charge from the stones last, anyway? :^)
> (And what happened to them?)

We'll never know.... (cf #6...)

> 6. I _still_ can't believe it's been cancelled :^(

This is news to me... :(

> > > B. SONIC COMICS DESCRIPTIONS
> > >[CONTRIBUTIONS WELCOME]
>
> OK, here are a couple:
>
> #22 [May 1995]
>
> "The Return", written by Ken Penders, art by Pat Spaziante & Harvey M.
>
> The story opens on S&S MWC (Sonic & Sally, Married With Children), but
> this turns out to be the (supposedly) alternate Mobius seen in the "In
> Your Face Special #1". S&S are out with the kids one day when an
> apparition of Robotnik appears then vanishes. We then cut to a
> satellite where Robotnik materializes and finds himself facing a video
> image of a roboticized version of himself: on this Mobius, Robotnik
> roboticized himself but still lost the "final battle" and uploaded his
> mind to a satellite he had been constructing. Unfortunately it wasn't
> complete so all he can do is wait for his sytems to run down.

[etc.]

Reminds me of the DC Alternate Universes, specificly the one where
Superman and Lois Lane marry and actually have a daughter- Superlass...
(_at_ early-mid 1970's)

[sneeeeeee-ip!]

> This issue also contains a some fan art; two pics of Sally & Bunnie
> (both NBD), and another one of Sally as a dominatrix (by a 13-year-old,
> no less - sheesh...)

[someone grins in the background...]

> I _do_ like the direction the comic's going; if it keeps up, it will be
> (almost) as good as having the show...

I wish I'd known about these comics much earlier- I'd be a bit more
involved... (Same goes for the show...)

...Quozl!