Re: Forwarded from alt.fan.furry and alt.config

From: Robin Hood <gt6005a_at_prism.gatech.edu>
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 1995 12:26:25 -0500 (EST)

> What do you expect from a list that's way past cool? :-) I sent mail to
> quozl to tell him the list was about to open. I wondered why he hadn't
> subscribed, but decided not to press the issue. Of course, we do need
> all the (Earth-bound) Freedom Fighters we can get so that someday we can
> go to Mobius and help rid them of the scourge of Robuttnik.

Alert NASA.

> Does everyone here have access to alt.* groups? Or does anyone's site
> carry only "selected" alt.* groups?

Sadly, no. Georgia Tech does not carry any alt. groups, although I do
have access, using the laUNChpad network at North Carolina. You can imagine
how slow that can be, tho'.

I can't post from UNC, but I do have some e-mail addresses that will direct
posts to any newsgroup you want, including alt. groups. I was wondering,
couldn't there also be places that will bundle up and mail you the posts
of a certain group. 'Course, I can imagine that would make your mailbox
pretty stuffed. The net.gods might not like that.

Don't get me wrong, I think an alt. group is a great idea. I just hope
the creators of it keep in mind that not everybody is going to be able
to read it conveniently, if at all.

later---Kris

--
*******Robin Hood (Kris Kelley) gt6005a_at_prism.gatech.edu*****************
* fnord-42-froinlaven-cowabunga-the truth is out there-get out-spin dash *