Re: Intro and a request

From: Erich Schulman (KTN4CA) -- Team OS/2 <"Erich>
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 1995 22:06:38 -0500 (EST)

On Sun, 12 Feb 1995 gt6005a_at_prism.gatech.edu wrote:

> It seems I'm having a little trouble getting my "Sonic fixes". After
> looking in the TV Guide, I found out our local ABC affiliate has
> dropped almost the entire Sat. morning line-up for a news program.
> Some of the shows got farmed out to local independant channels, but
> "StH" is lost in the cracks.

Your network affiliate is not required to clear any network programs, and
those they do clear they can run at any day/time they choose. Networks
can and do offer inducements such as cash or threats of disaffiliation,
but they cannot compel your local station to do what they want. But
networks do reserve the right to place their programming elsewhere in the
market if the affiliate is uncooperative.

> Then, I went out to one of Atlanta's most reknown comic book stores,
> "Oxford Comics" and bought all I could find---which turned out to
> be only two issues, #17 and #21. And after reading these two and reading

Check supermarkets, drug stores, and convenient stores too. That's where I
get 'em. Issue 21 has a coupon for ordering back issues (#1 through #7
plus the In Your Face special).

> And so, I have a request. Does anyone know if the cartoons have
> been released on video yet? If not, does anyone happen to have
> the cartoons taped, and would be willing to mail me a copy? I'd
> gladly pay the cost of videotape and shipping.

There are three tapes of the Saturday morning series (2 episodes each)
and several tapes of the weekday series (the latter called "Adventures of
StH"). Check toy stores, K-Mart, Wal-Mart, and the like. Alternatively,
you might want to contact Whole Toon Catalog at (206) 391-8747.

Erich Schulman (KTN4CA)
Team OS/2