Re: Hello! and Re: to a bunch of stuff

From: Erich Schulman (KTN4CA) -- Team OS/2 <"Erich>
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 1995 19:00:34 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 9 Feb 1995 firmiss_at_cae.wisc.edu wrote:

> List manager guy Majordomo: The address to mail to the list is kinda hidden
> in the welcome file. Also, unless people provide .sigs with their e-mail
> address the mail headers I get don't have the return address. ELM will
> attempt to send the mail to the whole list if I simply hit 'r' to reply.
> Is there a way to fix this from your end? I've seen it done before but
> know next to zero about setting up a mailing list?

Majordomo is the name of the software that manages the list. Ratman and
I are co-owners of the list.

I usually use pine for mail, and I've not had that problem. The list
messages arrive with both "From:" and "Reply-To:" fields in the headers.
When I use "r", pine asks if I want to use Reply-To instead of From. The
Reply-To field is set to the list and the From field is set to the
message's writer. Elm should be configurable to work that way, but never
having used it, I can't tell you what you need to do.

I'll review the intro file to see about moving the address for posting,
and maybe make a few more tweaks at the same time.

> Sonic Action Figures: I haven't found any. I have found two types of
> plush sonics though (one from Sears and another I find in a videogame
> store.. Plush Tails too however I don't think his tails are big enough :)
> Mark Young.. that videogame store seems to still keep the plush sonics
> in stock [Its a chain called 'Software Etc.']

I got my Sonic from Toys 'R' Us and Tails from Babbages, and Tails was
much harder for me to get. I'd like to see one of Sally.

Erich Schulman (KTN4CA)
Team OS/2