Sonic Merchandise List (prototype)

From: Erich Schulman (KTN4CA) -- Team OS/2 <"Erich>
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 1995 21:50:08 -0500 (EST)

Here are the beginnings of a Sonic merchandise list. Let's try
to make it more complete and in time make it a retrievable file.
Although the Sonic list isn't for games, I think it would make
sense to include them here. I'm not including the comics in
this list; I think they should get their own list, possibly along
with summaries too.

TAX ALERT: The plush toys are made in China and may be subject to
the 100% tarriff the President is laying down. If you want them,
BUY NOW!

Erich Schulman (KTN4CA)
Team OS/2

GAMES
-----
1. (handheld game) I only remember seeing it about a month ago.
   Can anyone else supply details?
2. (wrist game) This was offered when you bought >=1 video cassette
   and sent back the proofs of purchase. The offer has already
   expired. Is it available from other sources?
There are more, so how 'bout it guys? Maybe some brief descriptions
of all the games too.

TOYS (NON-GAME)
---------------
1. Sonic plush toy. It's of Sonic, about 12". Made by Caltoy, a
   division of C&H Toy of America Inc. at La Palma, CA.
2. Tails plush toy. It's of Tails, also about 12" and from the
   same manufacturer.

FOOD
----
0. I've seen a commercial for Honey Nut Cheerios featuring Sonic and
   its bee mascot. Watch the General Mills section of your grocer's
   cereal aisle in case there is a Sonic cereal in the future.

CLOTHING
--------
1. Boys' briefs from Fruit of the Loom. Size 5 (and others?). I
   didn't buy a pack so I don't have a full description.
Anything in adult sizes (not necessarily underwear)? And what about
something with Sally for little girls?

CARDS AND COLLECTIBLES
----------------------
1. Valentine's Day cards. I found them in a K-Mart ad, but I've not
   yet found the cards themselves. Anyone else?

VIDEOS
------
All listings are VHS cassettes. Laserdisc availability???
1. Super Sonic (Buena Vista 2850)
   "Super Sonic", "Sonic and Sally"
2. Hooked On Sonics (Buena Vista 2849)
   "Hooked On Sonics", "Warp Sonic"
3. Sonic Racer (Buena Vista 2851)
   "Sonic Racer", "Sonic Boom"

I don't have complete information on the "Adventures of Sonic the
Hedgehog" video series, so I didn't include them. All the listings
above are Sat-AM shows.

EOF