Re: Time for me to spill the beans.

From: chance <chance_at_unix.infoserve.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 1996 23:17:26 -0700

>Wait.. I've just noticed something.. only one person said petitions
>aren't a good idea, so the petitions keep on! (That's what happens when
>you don't eat a square breakfast!!)(Wow food really does improve your
>thought process!)

Remember the three monkeys; "hear no evil", "see no evil", "speak no evil"?
Well, picture these three seated around the boardroom table at Fondacom, and
you've got the entire katfan/Tedco situation in microcosm. "Jonny" and "Dexter"
are "successful" because they MUST be successful; "SwatKats" is a "failure"
because it MUST be a failure. It's so ordained.

They know the show has a large following - even two years post-cancellation - but
that currently has no bearing on renewal/completion of the unfinished episodes, simply
because we've come up against two or three serious egos in the TPS chain-of-command
who aren't about to expose themselves as absolute cretins by reversing their
decision to cancel. I'm sure there's a TPS coat-of-arms somewhere around - perhaps
featuring the Three Monkeys above - with the Latin version of the motto: "Cover Thy
Ass" emblazoned beneath. They know they goofed, but it's simply "not done" in corporate
circles to (publicly) admit it.

Writing something is only effective if there's someone to read it. Fred's garbage can
is overflowing with some truly wonderful fanletters full of wisdom, logic and anything
else that's in rather short supply at Tedco; problem is, dumpsters don't read.

(I guess that makes two people that think petitions don't work, but on the other
  hand, that's one angle I *haven't* tried over the last couple of years!)

<also, a certain someone who shall remain nameless earlier promised me that
  they would forward a few names that letters should be addressed to. In
  the words of Captain Hook, it's "bad form" to promise something you
  don't plan on delivering. Thousand of petulant Katfans are waiting with
  baited breath - or "bait-breath" - whichever.)