Re: BS&P, 'Toon violence, etc.

From: chance <chance_at_unix.infoserve.net>
Date: Thu, 4 Jul 1996 19:37:11 -0700

Paul puzzled: (at least we ain't reachin' for the sports verbs yet)

>>>"Ah yes, Jonny Quest. Lots of HOV's (Horrible-Oriental-Villains) mowed
>>> down with machine-guns every week..." (or something very similar)
>I donknow- I always though that JQ was pretty multi-cultural in it's day.
>Sure you had Dr. Zin, but what about the Russky Commies, The Nazi-survivals,
>the WWI pilot, the Scandinavian Dwarf, the Upper-Class Brits, Arab
>mummy-resurectors- etc.etc.etc! You couldn't trust anyone!

Ehhh...I've a few like that one that took place in the Tibetan Llamissary among
others, and most of the henchmen appear of Oriental extraction. I think it was
a Cold-War thing as opposed to anything more racist. (The "mummy" one
is a favourite).

>>Different kind of violence in Scooby
>I think that Scooby is the most anti-business show ever made! Geez! If I was
>a Bircher, I'd be convinced that they had Karl Marx as a story consultant.
><Now kids, whenever anything goes wrong, it's because some greedy
>businessperson is acting like a ghost to scare away the competition!>

Yeah. Dateline 1998. Turner reluctantly renews the Kats after the chain of
sorry business decisions makes it obvious that H-B was sabotaged to fake
out the IRS for tax reasons:

"And I would've gotten away with it too....if it weren't for you meddling SWATKids!"

Ted pulls his mask off to some Really Dramatic Moog Music, and he's really....

                CAPTAIN PLANET!!!