Re: Why Canceled?

From: chance <chance_at_unix.infoserve.net>
Date: Thu, 4 Jul 1996 06:55:58 -0700

The address-du-jour_at_aol.com wrote:

><< 6 >>
>I KNOW TED TURNER PERSONALLY. HE IS BEST FRIENDS WITH MY BEST FRIENDS DAD.

It's a bit of a stretch for me to take something like this at face value from someone
versed in AOHELL with a stuck caps-lock key. To be perfectly honest, there's
no longer anything clever about musical Amerika On-Hold addresses; in fact, it's
become rather stale. (Though I do like the choice of "Psycrow" from "Earthworm
Jim" as a tag...so you can't be a total ninny).

As far as Ted watching the shows as part of some formal "review" or other, yeah...
I'd expect he does that, and probably didn't catch the 'Kats until some late
date in its broadcast run. I don't expect it would've gotten off the ground had
he seen glimpses of something like "The Giant Bacteria" in its infancy; something
borne out by the later fascination of the execs WRT storyboard approval of
Kats, and a recent event with "The Real Adventures of Jonny Quest".

"We have more cartoons than anybody; 'The Jetsons', 'The Flintstones',
   'Scooby Doo'. They're non-violent, unlike some OTHER cartoons out
    there."

   -- Ted Turner