Re: Edo's trip back to the hotel....

From: Brother Buford <buford_at_halifax.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 1996 23:43:32 -0400

>>Edo entered:

<snippity snip>

>On Mon, 1 Jul 1996, Paul Kemner wrote:

<snippin' some more> ...hmmm, reminds me of "Yoink of the Yukon"

>>>Stick shift.
>>Good! Too many folks only learn automatic. It'll take you longer, but it'll
>>be easier for you to drive exotic vehicles once you know how.
>
>Like the ThunderTruck? ;)

I wonder if kat-designed vehicles have the same "stuff" that human-designed
ones have, just redesigned... maybe to compensate for 3 large fingers (they
have 3 fingers, right? Most cartoon characters do) with claws instead of 4
smaller human ones. Their feet are much larger, too, so (for example)
really small close together Volkswagen Beetle clutch and brake pedals just
wouldn't work.

>Hmm.... I wonder if the Metallikat Express is automatic or stick shift.

Well, it doesn't have wheels, so I'd say neither. It's probably built more
like a jet than a car.

>>Things with
>>hand-throttles and starter pedals, multi-range gearboxes, and seperate right
>>and left side brakes!

If you want to see a weird designed vehicle, look at the two trucks in the
movie "Sorcerer"... it's shown on TNT late at night (usually) once every two
months or so. Starter levers, no doors, really narrow side mirrors, and I
think the clutch pedal is about where the parking brake pedal is on an
American model (not sure about other countries) automatic.

Brother Buford email: buford_at_halifax.com
============== Resident DOOM freak.
"640K ought to be enough for anybody." - Bill Gates