Re: jets?

From: Matt Weber <mweb_at_mich.com>
Date: Mon, 01 Jul 1996 20:10:04 -0400

>In Canada, they form the backbone of our Air Force now that the venerable
>CF-5 has finally been put out to pasture. In the 'States, your Air Force flies
>F-16's, I think, your Navy flies F-14's, and the Marines fly F-18's. I think
>there's some cross-pollination happening there, but the details are a bit of

>(waiting for someone to leap in with the inevitable corrections....)

I think that the "Hornet" designation is for the F-18s that the Navy uses.
If memory serves, the F-18s are replacing the A-6 "Intruders".

>"Turbokat" itself is very F-14-ish, likely due to the public recognition
afforded
>that aircraft type because of the movie "Top Gun". I'd personally like to
see some
>version of the A-10 Thunderbolt/Warthog show up in the 'Kats - just about
>my favourite aircraft at the moment!

When I was in Chicago recently, I paid a visit to FAO Schwartz (the toy
store) to see if any Kats stuff was for sale. No action figures to be
found, although I hadn't really expected them to have them. Anyway, out of
the corner of my eye I could swear I saw the TurboKat! It was a black F-14
with red pinstriping & markings! I got really excited, but on further
inspection it was just a plain F-14 with Turbokat colors. I wrote down the
name on the box, but I lost the paper.. Anyone else see anything like this
in the stores??

-Matt