Re: SwatKats in many languages?

From: Ed Rudnicki <erudnick_at_pica.army.mil>
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 96 17:59:54 EDT

>>>"Kat" is the word for cat in Danish, Dutch, and Polish (according to a list
>>>in rec.pets.cats)- how about that!
>>
>>Not quite. Po Polsku te slowo jest "kot" (In Polish the word is
>>"kot") :)
>
>Wow. Cool. The only Polish I know is a rather loose translation of:
>
>"But Captain, mounted cavalry with lances against Panzers???!"
>
>(obscure reference - nowadays - ask your parents!)

Especially in that it never happened, and was a story fabricated by
Italian journalists. I won't waste bandwidth with the whole story;
suffice to say it involves the 18th Lancers wiping out a German
infantry battalion via a charge with the sabre, and then being
driven off by a German armored recon unit.

Check the 1939 TO&E of the Polish Army, which included 8 armored
battalions and a number of motorized formations, and decide the
veracity of the story yourself.

Shame on you!

>"I'll mow the lawn in a minute, I'm just going to kip on the Kot for a bit..."
>"RREOOOOWRRRRRR!!!!!"
>"Um...then again, maybe not..."

"I forgot that when he's lying that way five of his six ends are pointy"
---Calvin

Ed