"The War on Atlanta!" and some other stuff.

From: Edo Andromedo <macsonic_at_rad.net.id>
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 1996 18:06:48 +0700

Subject: Re: The War on Atlanta!

On Sun, 30 Jun 1996, Arthur John Freda wrote:
>>Ryan is younger than you! You should be driving!

Well, if he can drive better than me, I'll let him do all the driving.
Heck! If Terra can drive much better than the both of us, I'll let her
drive!

Of course I feel much safer if.... Ah, nevermind. I think that my
imagination is working overtime.

On Sun, 30 Jun 1996, Brother Buford wrote:
>I'll drive it for you, as I drive a 1975 Plymouth Fury (it's as big as a
>tank and mean to drive - half of the dash instruments don't work).

No matter. I never look at the dash instruments when I'm learning to drive
anyway. I was too busy concetrating on the gas pedal and clutch pedal.

>Brother Buford email: buford_at_halifax.com
>============== Resident DOOM freak.

Edo Andromedo, who is wishing that he had Marathon editing capabilities so
that he can make a SK Marathon Dr. Viper level.

Yo Michael! Know any expertise on Marathon level editing?

On Mon, 1 Jul 1996, Kris Clawson wrote:
>I'll drive! I'll drive! (Hey, I can drive a golf cart pretty well...=)

Here's the key to the golf cart. <throwing the key to Kris Clawson> Now,
take Mayor Manx around the golf course, while me and Ryan talk to his
deputy mayor.

----
Subject: I'm starting a web page for fans of Swat Kats and Gargoyles
On Sun, 30 Jun 1996, Matthew Milam wrote:
>I don't know how many times i've done this...
>
>This is Matthew, i am currently in the process of making my own web
>page that is deciated to fans of Swat Kats, Gargoyles and any other
>cartoon show that is in danger of cancellation that has a serious
>impact for adults.

Actually, shows that have the impact to the rest of us. "SWAT Kats.... the
show for the rest of us." ;)

"Hail them on all known frequency."

>Right now i don't have a web server or place to put my page on
>because there is not enough money right now. If anyone could help out
>finding me a place cheap enough to put my web page, i would be
>greatful.

How about mine? Send your HTML files to me (via e-mail) and I will put it up.

>Until then this web page is not up....But it's comming.

Wow! It seem that SK web pages is popping out everywhere now.

>Sincerely,
>Matthew Milam
>
>P.S. Could any of you guys send some Swat Kats and Gagoyles pics and
> maybe even sounds?

How about taking some from rat.org? I'm sure that Ratman would be please to
know that his server is mirrored by someone else. I mean that, mirror
server = less pressure on rat.org.

BTW, I was digitzing some sounds of Felina in "Caverns of Horror",
unfortunately it was trapped there on my colapsed hard drive. Hmmm....
Which device I must use to get it out, the TurboMole or the Surge Suit?

----
Subject: The War on Atlanta! internals!
On Sun, 30 Jun 1996, Paul Kemner wrote:
>Hey- See what happens when you don't write "Waah on Adlantuh" bits? *I*
>decided to let Edo take the weapons panel- so you-all better be nice to me.

Which I thank you for it. Now I can use the mega search light (which is
BTW, part of the Metallikat Express' arsenal, if it isn't, I will borrow
the Enforcer's mega search light) to cast a mega huge shadows on a
building.

>Ryan might as well have some fun while he's still on-line, so I let him
>drive.

Oh no! Not you too Ryan. I'll already started to miss DJ. Oh well, I hope
that your operation is a success.

>How about some of you lurkers jumping into the story continuations
>(pleeez, though, no stuf about Jane wanting to date you, Ryan!)... maybe I
>should make that *coherent* story continuations. ^-^

Well, if he had it his way. He had the whole TurnerCo female employes
wanting to date him. :) Hmmm.... I wonder if that is what happen to all the
female Enforcers (minus Felina).

>Anyway- Buford did his bit (though he should write more), and AJ narrowly
>escaped having me write something about him by firing his own contribution-
>barely in time! If that's not enough to scare you folks out of lurker
>status, consider what might happen if Terra and I start working together to
>get you!
>
>PS Edo- Stick shift or Automatic- what kind of car are you learning on?

Stick shift. And even Darien Lambert has better times (emphasize on the
word "time") learning them than me.

----
Subject: SwatKats in many languages?
On Sun, 30 Jun 1996, Paul Kemner wrote:
>"Kat" is the word for cat in Danish, Dutch, and Polish (according to a list
>in rec.pets.cats)- how about that!

Does this mean that T-Bone and Razor are Europeans? Wow! And to think that
I thought that they were Japanese. ;)

>There's a promo on TCN with Droopy driving a car, and Shaggy from that awful
>Skooby Doo telling him what different cartoon characters are called when
>they're shown across the world. "Los Smurfs", and Morocco Mole being called
>"Mole" in Morocco.
>
>Anyway, it got me wondering-
>
>In dubbed versions of the SwatKats around the world, what is the name for
>the show in different languages? How about the different characters? Do they
>have different names in, say, Finland (or where-ever the show is shown)?
>
>Are there lurkers out there who know?
>=^^=

Well, one thing for sure, if they (The TV stations here) want to put SK on
the air here, I don't want to hear the line "Ya nona Briggs? Di sini
T-Bone."

BTW, I think that Bruno Abud once mention something about the Kats'
alternate names in his place.
----
About the TurboKat look like a F-14.

Well, it look like a F-14 cut in half to me.