Re: Dead-Head missile?

From: chance <chance_at_unix.infoserve.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 1996 21:53:07 -0700

>I just saw of the scans that Matt uploaded to the site, and the Dead-Head
>missile is listed as one of the SWAT Kats gadgets, but that missile was
>used by the Dark SWAT Kats. Is it just me, or the Dark SWAT Kats could be
>the original SWAT Kat?

'Round and 'round we go....

"Dead-head Missile" shows up in the "Style Guide" stuff (where Matt got it, natch),
but was originally intended to form part of the "Good Kats" arsenal. That tape
of the H-B tour shows someone leafing through the "Style Guide" and coming
across the "DeadHead Missile":

Leafer: "Coooool! Is that for the Bad Kats??"
Christian Tremblay: "No...that is for the SwatKats..."

I gather someone in the upper echelons was a bit appalled at the "mixed messages"
such a weapon would send out in a bomb-bay full of things like the "Cookie
Cutter" and "Groundhog" missile, and they just assigned it to Dark Side
TB&R instead. Sorta works for me I suppose. Still, one of my favourite
scenes in the Kats is Razor launching that Plain Old Missile labelled
"From Razor with Love" - which is really very much in the same league
as "Dead-head" if you stop to think about it.

("We've got this cool idea for another missile - 'The Dead-Head Missile' - with
   this cool 'Death's Head' logo and stuff...it'll make a really huge crater and...")

 ("Um...Christian? Let's not go there...") <sorry. overactive imagination...>