Re: Summer tour (slightly off-topic)

From: chance <chance_at_unix.infoserve.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 1996 18:40:40 -0700

>Oh, Ted's in Atlanta? That's *it*, I'm bring my handy bokon on the trip . . .

If you're going to visit the Tedster, it's polite to bring a gift. If you can't spare
a piece of your brain (and G-d knows, that's a precious commodity down there
nowadays...), then send him one of Ryan's spare nicknames. "Waisgoos" works
for me - I always picture Ted as a plucked goose who's avoided being
Christmas Dinner for so many years because he entertains the carnival-goers.
Since Jane already has a workout video for the bod, perhaps the Tedster needs
one for the mind. I'd suggest one of those "Speak and Spell" kinda things that
operates on a couple of "AA"'s for those public appearances where such a
device would've made all the difference, but while Ted's speaking, Jane
would have to use it, and well...she wouldn't get past "H" for "Hanoi".

Actually (and this one is *really* snarky), how about one of those handy
devices that you attach to things you habitually lose, which emit a loud
tone when you whistle?

(Nah. They'd never let you on the plane with nine million of them....)

I know I'll regret asking, but what precisely is a "bokon"??