Re: Video sighting

From: chance <chance_at_unix.infoserve.net>
Date: Sun, 9 Jun 1996 23:06:09 -0700

>I found myself wandering about in a Suncoast Video this afternoon.
>Fortunately, I had sewn a nametag on my shirt, so they were able to
>determine where I lived and had me sent home.

Ooohhh...neat trick. What happens if I label myself "Tom Cruise" with
a beachfront address in Hawaii?

>While there, though, I happened to espy a Swat Kats video. My memory
>again fails me, but it was an episode with Doctor Viper. The cover
>actually looked rather nice.

"Deadly Dr. Viper", and yeah, the covers are pretty cool, but they don't
really leap off the shelves at you like they need to. The first time I sought
them out at MegaBlockbusterMoviedom, I had to ask their whereabouts
even though I'd been staring directly at the damn things the whole time.
I think they would've been easier to find in the Anime section - that is,
that section without all the brightly coloured packaging surrounding such
offerings as "The Smurfs Take Manhattan" and "Captain Planet says
'no' to Drugs. So Should You!".

(Drat. Forgot "My Little Pony Goes to Mars"...)

>Dr. Samuel Conway
>Senior Staff Potboiling Chemist

See? Doc Konway's working on "Cold Fusion" too. Bet it comes with an olive
and a tiny paper umbrella....