Re: Education and Religion

From: Edo Andromedo <macsonic_at_rad.net.id>
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 1996 05:24:22 +0700

On Sun, 2 Jun 1996, Dr. Samuel Conway wrote:
>Stretching further to say that if they have Religion-A, then they
>probably also have Religion-B, Religion-C, etc. It's a very Americo-
>centric assumption.

Heck, for all what we know, the kats could be atheists.

>I think that the entire debate about what religions the people of MegaKat
>City follow is an exercise in futility. Cartoons in the U.S. are, as a
>rule, inherently non-denominational. I don't think you'll even hear a
>character exclaim, "Oh, my God!" lest someone be offended.

Well, Dr. Sinian say "Oh, my....". in "The Deadly Pyramid". What could
cause this sudden mute?

Could it be that A.J.'s fears on the tape degradation is getting worse? :)
Or is it something else...?

>No, there is nothing in the series that would even hint at a religion.
>Can anyone recall seeing a church? Or a priest? Or any sort of musings
>about the Afterlife?

I think that what chance (Andy) said on the kats love life can also be
applied here. 22 minutes is something that must be use carefully.

But T-Bone do swear something that resemble like "Christ!" in "Razor's Edge".

>As for schooling, I see no reason to imagine why...er...kittens do not
>spend their early lives in school, just like we do. The question is,
>can anyone recall any particular mention of "school" in the series?

We sure know that neither Burke or Murray is a college graduate.

>Myself, I would submit that any of the numerous characters with the
>title of "Doctor" in the series must by necessity have spent some time
>in a classroom.
>
>God knows I did.

Speaking of Doctor, how do Doc. Konway got the job in MegaKat Biochemical
Labs anyway?

On Mon, 3 Jun 1996, Brother Buford wrote:
>Well, they do talk about "that big litterbox in the sky".

In which episode?

BTW, when T-Bone says "at least they're (The Metallikats) together now."
near the end of "Unlikely Alloy", does he mean that they are both dead, or
they are gonna go to the scrap yard together, or are they now somewhere
else that only dead kat go?

Edo Andromedo email : macsonic_at_rad.net.id