"SwatKats" cels, and new Tremblay projects...

From: chance <chance_at_unix.infoserve.net>
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 1996 20:19:36 -0700

Matt Weber wrote:

>Very Cool! I'll be looking forward to this. Do you know if these new shows
>are in the same style as the Kats?

He wasn't even allowed to tell me the *title*, much less any of the details. That's
pretty much the standard development schtick nowadays. He promised he'd let
me in on it when he could.

>Hang on a sec. here.. I musta missed something..
>When did HB start selling katcels & where can I find them?

Guess that all happened while you were One of the Twelve. 'Kay, H-B is
now marketing "SwatKats" cels - supposedly all first-season Hanho Heung-Up
ones - at their Cahuenga Blvd. setup as follows:

Hanna-Barbera Animation Art
3400 Cahuenga Blvd.
Hollywood, CA
90068

Phone (213) 969-1268 or Fax (213) 882-4332

One of the lurkers dismissed earlier price figures of "$500.00 to $700.00"
as rather wrong, and suggested the actual price is closer to $350-ish.

>Hmm.. sounds familiar. Looking for Kat toys all over the place & not able
>to collect them all! Anyone else out there have the same problems?? ;)
>
>>there - and I *still* haven't got the damn Remco Katfigs yet.
>
>I'm not sure that they're all still available. I wanted to get another Dr.
>V and DK, but no luck.

Yeah. Bellingham area X-Marts report the same thing, though I haven't been
able to break away long enough to check for myself (phone info from these
outfits is invariably "out there").