Re: MegaBeam

From: chance <chance_at_unix.infoserve.net>
Date: Thu, 30 May 1996 18:56:37 -0700

>In "Unlikely alloys", why didn't they just blast zed with the megabeam
>before he reached pumadyne and took it?

Oh, now you're being *logical* on us. That'll never do. 'Sides, we couldn't have
that sexy explosion off in the distance that looked like the last six seconds of
Hiroshima (and that nifty scientist-lady that looked like a cross between
Jessica Fletcher and what simply *has* to be "Mrs. Doc Konway" wouldn't
have had such a great scene).

I think I already mentioned this a hundred times, but the ep's writer had in mind
a specific explosion for that scene that he'd seen elsewhere in a Japanime flick,
and it turned out that said explosion had been done by Mook for one of their
Japanese theatrical releases. Since Mook was the contractor for "Unlikely Alloys",
the writer simply asked Mook to copy their earlier scene for the Kats 'half.
When the completed footage arrived from overseas, everyone was astounded that
not only did Mook do as asked, but actually did the Kats scene *better* than the
explosion it was inspired by.