Re: Help/are you bored?

From: chance <chance_at_unix.infoserve.net>
Date: Tue, 28 May 1996 20:23:49 -0700

>Yep, that's exactly it: free preview weekends/weeks, trying to watch
>'em scrambled (aaah-sweet desperation!),

Heh. You did that too? I know of a bunch o' people that did the same in Vancouver,
and one of 'em even hooked up the scrambled signal to his computer's frame-grabber,
knowing full-well he could still get pics of the characters throught the scrambling! How
about that for Tedco, huh? Every other network has their premiere toon on broadcast
TV, yet the entire Canadian market is ignored by Turner except for those with enough
bucks to spring for Pay-TV.

>Actually, late last summer, I almost subscribed to TBS (just for the
>SwatKats) - whoa! talk about a close call!

Heh. After I saw the first eps of Kats on the free preview in, I think, 1993 - I
decided that I'd go through great lengths to be able to see more. I kept putting it
off until I had the choice between the "little satellite dish" and pay-TBS, but then
they yanked it from air anyway and made me regret procrastinating. A bunch of
U.S. friends helped me out, so I've now got a full Stereo set of 'em. (And a now-departed
H-B person was going to get me digital-quality copies of the entire run sans commercials,
but, well...I guess we both used up our nine-lives within a couple weeks of each other.)