Re: Stick to the chocolates and flowers...

From: DJ Clawson <djclawson_at_garden.net>
Date: Mon, 27 May 1996 11:43:48 -0400

Chance wrote:
>Seriously though, 22 minutes available for a coherent storyline,
>and you really want to spend time depicting stuff beyond the
flowers-and-chocolates
>stage? I think I'd like one storyline with Jake and Chance escorting
Callie and Felina
>to some kind of off-hours offical MegaKat city function (I kind of picture
something
>like a park-dedication, "Family Day"..that sort of thing) - purely casual
right down the
>line - and then having something happen that requires them all to act in
their official
>capacities. Awkward enough for Callie and Felina without all the trappings
of their
>respective offices with them, but almost impossible to carry off for Jake
and Chance
>who'd be too far away from the Hangar and TK, and likely without wheels to
make
>their escape (having taken a limo or something to the park with the girls).
Could be
>cool.
>
>In the park setting - with all the families and babies and park-bench
Lotharios plying
>their wares - you'd have a good opportunity for each party to spout a few lines
>concerning what they think of the whole 2.5
kids/two-car-garage/white-picket-fence
>scenario, and maybe his/her idea of the perfect mate (I can sorta picture
Callie or Felina
>looking down their nose at some park-bench duo spouting some overly-romantic
>poetic tripe at one-another, and then making the "finger-down-throat"
motion. Kat
>guys look at each-other in near-shock, as earlier in the day they'd been
discussing
>among themselves what katgirls look for in a katguy, and the romantic
poetry/serenade-under-the-balcony stuff had been suggested!)

>Eh, YMMV.

  I could never picture that kind of foursome, frankly, but I get the idea.
Callie I simply can't see with *anyone* (one of the guys). Chance and Felina
I could see, maybe both as gargoyles as in my fanfic, but never in that
"traditional" type family scenerio. I always imagined they'd be kinda wild
parents, and they're kid'll probably respect 'em for it, saying, "*MY*
parents were both enforcers--isn't that cool?"
  As for Jake, well, that could be a different story. No, I'd never see him
coming home to a wife each day with a briefcase in hand saying, "Hi, honey,
I'm home!" I was thinking of writing a story (but it'll probably never get
down on paper) that happens a few years after "Children" and the
soon-to-be-renamed "Vilthuril," where Jake and Abi are off raising their
kid. Now, again, Jake certainly wouldn't be your average dad--he's be *much*
cooler, and would always keep that "alert and on guard" aura around him. I'm
not sure what he'd do, probably teach at some university--he *is* a
scientist, or at least a very bright inventor. Their family *couldn't* be
normal, with an archaeologist mom and an ex-enforcer, former SWAT Kat, son
of Ecuador dad. They certainly wouldn't have the type of picket-fenced
house, lined up with every other one on the block. I imagine I'd be kind of
secluded, farther from town, because Jake and Abi aren't really your most
socialable people--they're *very* wrapped up in their work. As for the kid,
Jake would definitely train him/her (it'll probably be a her; Paul knows
about *that*) to use the sword of Ecuador, and keep up the heritage and
such. It'd be kinda cool.

Dr. Jake Clawson
(djclawson_at_garden.net)
(XXRJ13C_at_prodigy.com)
         "Accidents are conspiricies we don't know about."
                                   -Sensei McGee