Re: Most Annoying Character

From: Paul Kemner <pkemner_at_bright.net>
Date: Wed, 22 May 1996 19:23:44 -0400 (EDT)

>Peejster wrote:
>>who is the most annoying character?
>>Mine are: 1) Feral 2) Steele
>Edo wrote:
>Well, I don't think that Feral is annoying, after all, he is only doing his
job.
Wow! Here I am agreeing with Edo! What's the Kat world coming to?
Hey Peej- did you ever consider that Feral may be more than he seems? After
all, if it weren't for Feral, Chance & Jake would just be garden-variety
blaster-fodder.

Here's my take:
Feral *must* vilify the SwatKats in public. If he publicly approves their
actions (a la commish Gordon in Bat-dom), he is accepting responsibility for
their actions! But he isn't going to take responsibility for kats that
aren't under his command! So he has to say "those irresponsible vigilantes"
to publicly distance himself from the SwatKats. He also does this in
private, since it helps to avoid slip-ups in public.

Another possiblilty- Feral knowingly created the SwatKats! He chafes under
the city procurement system, that awards contracts for Enforcer equipment to
the lowest bidder, or to whoever gives the most dough to Manx's re-election
fund. His hands are often tied by Manx ("Doooon't fire on my office
building!"), but a couple of kats operating outside the chain of command can
avoid that problem. He put 2 promising Enforcers to work at the salvage
yard- chock-full of jet parts- to punish them?! There are alot more spots he
could have stuck C & J to humiliate them, but he picked the salvage yard. Of
course C & J have no idea that they were manipulated!
B.C.N.U.
Paul Kemner pkemner_at_bright.net