Ryan's SKIQ question and interesting news...

From: chance <chance_at_unix.infoserve.net>
Date: Mon, 20 May 1996 21:19:02 -0700

>ACK!! NO!!! <rant, rave, destroy the world, that sort of thing, you know.>
>Of course.... they do this after I logged off Prodigy (where I find the
>times for SK, since my local television guides fail to list it). Now I have
>to watch that stupid thing. When are they going to show it? When? If they've
>already had, you never knew that psycopath on the news who commited seuicide
>over a television show. Okay?

Heh. I'll ask a TCN dude if they have anything like a firm schedule, but they
probably won't be that happy with us now that some of 'em got boiled in oil for
 that "possible new episodes" gaffe.

Further on that, I heard something interesting on Sunday. A number of
people (over the course of the last year) have been trying to get "SwatKats"
restarted, but the TPS execs cut them off almost mid-sentence with a look
that screams "Oh God! Not *another* one!". I don't have much
more until I make some calls, but the last attempt was quite recently. It seems
that many of them realize that H-B/Turner had a good thing going, and it's been
suggested that the execs are now so embarrassed at the screwups that took place
with the show (and the resulting public brouhaha) that they feel bringing it back
will rub salt into old wounds and expose certain people's mistakes. Funny, we all
make mistakes - the only way to deal with them is to own up and make the
necessary corrections, no?

Anyway, the above is *fact*, not rumour. I'm *still* trying to get hold of some
names to write to that will actually do some good. Seibert's an empty chair anyway.

>(Retarded)..... To heck with this! I don't want this crud anymore!

It sounds like you're refusing to eat Beets. I don't blame you.