Welcome to the Dark Side.

From: Edo Andromedo <macsonic_at_rad.net.id>
Date: Fri, 10 May 1996 21:54:15 +0700

On Mon, 6 May 1996 22:01:53 -0400 Brother Buford wrote:
>I just had an idea about Dark Kat...
>
>If you remember, I asked about Dark Kat earlier.
>
>DK could be based on Darth Vader. Well...
>There *are* similarities between the two.

<snip the similarities between Dark Kat and Darth Vader>

>I realize that Darth Vader worked for the Empire and Dark Kat works for no
>one but himself,

Who said that he work for himself? Could it be that he is just a messenger of doom from a far more evil villain?

Dark Kat appear in 'The Dark Side of the SWAT Kats', and he is still a very evil kat there, could it be that the Dark Kat we know and the Dark Kat from the Dark Side is the same Dark Kat?

>but DK may be based on Vader. DK may even be part machine,
>because who knows what he looks like under his cloak.

Hmmm, a tiny kat in an exo-frame? :)

>He is extremely
>strong as well, and that could have something to do with it. And where did
>that that purple fur come from?

Genetic manipulation? :)

>Brother Buford

>On Mon, 6 May 1996 22:01:53 -0400 Brother Buford wrote:
>>DK could be based on Darth Vader. Well...
>>There *are* similarities between the two.
>
>[stuff snipped]

On Tue, 7 May 1996 19:05:58 -0400 Michael J. Rider wrote
>He's a pretty typical "heavy" character just like Vader. Those are all the
>hallmarks of a big nasty villian. They _are_ very similar otherwise.

And both of them are very dark and mysterious.

>The idea of DK being a cyborg is cool. I don't know what the Tremblays had
>in mind for him, but it is reasonable.

Well, his action figures does look like a cyborg.

>The purple doesn't have to mean anything in animation, tho'.

Well, is either purple or green, and I think that I rather see a purple Dark Kat than a green Dark Kat. Besides, we already have a green villain, Dr. Viper.

>Say, what are those creeplings anyway?

I said it once, I said it again, genetic manipulation! We have our very own Jurassic Park here in MegaKat. :)

Edo Andromedo email : macsonic_at_rad.net.id
"Coming my queen!"