From Megakat City Salvage Yard...

From: Razor <razor_at_rat.org>
Date: Thu, 2 May 1996 00:57:23 -0800

... in other words, junk. ;-)

A few notes on some stuff: if you can, please try to consolidate your
posts into a single one (rather than several separate ones) as much as
possible. Two or three posts replying to listmail is fine, but nine or ten
in a row to the list gets kind of ridiculous, if you ask me. I moved
someone from the list to the digest for this very reason.

Also, re: the "WILL WORK FOR FOOD" pic -- email me if you want a copy of
the pic. I will not, however, be uploading the pic; please do not ask me
to do so.

Kevin: Though much talk about anime being "better" than US/UK animation
   sometimes gets a little carried away by the fanatics, there is a
   basic core of truth to it.

Basic, yes. Absolute, no. I've seen my share of bad anime (although I
can't think of any specific titles since I'm not much of an anime fan) as
well as good US/UK animation (the Kats, Mighty Max, Batman and Gargoyles,
to name a few).

   SWAT Kats is similar to anime in that having apearred to escaped the
   wrath of BS&P many a time and the writers choosing to not reduce it
   to simplemindedness.

Unfortunately, this is what seems to have been the Kats' undoing. One
scene that comes to mind is from "Caverns of Horror," but I won't spoil it
for anyone who hasn't seen the episode yet. Suffice it to say, however,
that I think BS&P would not only have had a fit, but the scene itself may
have prompted Ted Turner to can the series.

--
                     Razor on FurryMUCK/FurToonia