Re: NOTAR

From: Michael J. Rider <jaguar_at_warwick.net>
Date: Sat, 27 Apr 1996 16:18:54 -0400

On Sun, 28 Apr 1996 01:23:35 +0700 Edo Andromedo wrote:

>That's stands for "No Tail Rotor", the Enforcer helicopter seem to be a
>NOTAR helicopter.

They don't have any tail rotors or counter-rotors that I can see. There
are only small vertical stabilizers. The Bell NOTAR helicopters (can't
remember the numbers) have those cylinders on the back that use the exhaust
from the turbine to counter rotor torque. If there's something similar on
the Enforcer helicopters I can't see it. Maybe there are some vents on the
side of the tail or something. The short rotorless tail makes sense in an
urban environment where most of the action seems to take place between
buildings.

    / Michael J. Rider / :o o:
   / AKA: Richard #926 /________oOOo_==( ^ )==_oOOo__________
  / jaguar_at_warwick.net / ' /
 / Jason_Jaguar on FurryMUCK / Hey, what's going on up here? /
    / Brain> Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering? /
   / Pinky> Uh, I think so, Brain, but where will we find a /
  / duck and a hose at this hour? /