Re: Favorite Episodes

From: chance <chance_at_unix.infoserve.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 1996 09:03:12 -0700

Someone my quoter devoured said:

>Hey, that sounds kinda like a MWII story Courtney *was* writing (I don't
>what happened to it, I think it kinda died . . .) but yeah, it was a lot
>like that. Hey, anybody wanna try writing that into a fanfic? (If no one
>wants to, I can give it a shot, but I don't know that much about WWII, which
>MWII was based on, so my stuff might be slightly off)

_at_@@hhh...not quite. It looks like MegaWarII is closer to our World War I.
Remember the biplanes in "Ghost Pilot"? Biplanes were only used as trainers
and torpedo bombers in WWII - they were long-dead as fighter aircraft.

>Speaking of WWII, it started cuz of Hitler and his Nazis, right? What d'you
>think caused MWII? Maybe some feline equal of Hitler goin' around killing,
>oh, say, Persian cats? I dunno.

"Ve didn't start it..you did!"
"Yes you did! You invaded Poland!" (with apologies to "Fawlty Towers")

We don't want to get into this, but WWII was the result of the Axis powers
deciding to flex their military might and acquire "lebensraum", or "living space",
at the expense of adjacent sovereign nations. You *could* technically work
something like this into a Kats plot, but it'd be hard to resolve in 22 minutes,
would make WWII apologists *scream*, and would force an *awful* lot
of screen time to be devoted to the development of a suitable antagonist and
the foreign country they hail from. So far, we've only had the "Siamese Investors",
and the vaguely Teutonic "Ghost Pilot".

Oh, and for shame! "Who is Saigon"? Don't they have PBS in Mr. Rogers
Neighbourhood? (BTW, Saigon was the capitol city of RVN - The Republic
of Vietnam, or South Vietnam, before it fell to the communist North in 1975.
You might remember the war. It was in all the papers. The North Vietnamese
awkwardly renamed it "Ho Chi Minh City") *I'm* 31, and I remember them pushing
UH-1's into the sea off the decks of, I think, the U.S.S. Oriskany and the Shangri-La!

We shoulda sold them helos surplus to Feral instead - fifty of 'em would've lasted
what, about a week?