Re: SWAT Kats animation art, more thereof

From: Kevin L. Knoles <klknole_at_rs6000.cmp.ilstu.edu>
Date: Mon, 8 Apr 1996 20:08:29 -0500 (CDT)

    I get back on-line after a couple days of Easter vacation and I discover
tons of Kats mail and the latest CELMAIL announcements. Ed's too modest to
brag about his recent, excellent post to CELMAIL about Kats art, so I'll do it
for him:

>From CELMAIL_at_aol.com Fri Apr 5 11:14:15 1996
For those who might be interested in acquiring cels from the Hanna
Barbera/Turner series "SWAT Kats: the Radical Squadron", I've been
told that they'll be released soon. It may be worthwhile to call
H-B at 1-800-577-7878 to inquire about them, as multiple inquiries
may encourage them to put them on the market sooner. It may also
be worthwhile to specifically ask for art from the superior (visually)
Mook studio animated episodes.

Does H-B have a network of "preferred" galleries, like Disney?

Ed Rudnicki Oculis numquam claudentibus
erudnick_at_pica.army.mil
--
Hi Ed.

H-B has a gallery program, but will sell to just about any gallery that
orders their minimum amounts. With increasing sales quotas, the H-B
Animation sales staff have been known to sell to card shops, frame shops, and
I've been told even flea marketers.

Steve Grossfeld
Moderator

    Think about all the people who read *that*. And in regards to the
possibility that you individually may not be able to afford a Kats cel, I
suggest calling the number anyway. As the prices and lack of Mook artwork
show, the Kats cels release is far from an ideal one, H-B needs to
understand how the artwork's release would best be prioritized, they welcome
any opinions, and need to hear that there *are* SWAT Kats fans out there.

  |\ __ /| Kevin L. Knoles klknole_at_rs6000.cmp.ilstu.edu |\ __ /|
  | | | |
   \ / Check out SWAT Kats on the Web: \ /
     \/ http://rat.org/kats \/